12th Renewable Energy India 2018 Expo: Empowering India’s Renewables Mission to a New High
12 September 2018, New Delhi : The 12th edition of Renewable Energy India Expo (REI), hosted by UBM India, India’s leading exhibitions’ organiser, is all set to come back in a magnificent way this year with the presence of leading international stakeholders and experts. The expo is scheduled between 18th to 20th September 2018 at the India Expo Center, Greater Noida. A leading expo in its domain, REI is the most comprehensive and a reputed global platform where India’s green economy community congregates to discuss industry trends, challenges and market insights including the Indian regulatory framework in the august presence of International stakeholders of repute.
The event also boasts of pavilions from EU, IGCC-Germany /NEDO-Japan /Basque-Spain / China and Taiwan besides global names in EU, GIZ&IGEF, Bloomberg, WBCSD, APVIA, SERIS, IBA, PV magazine, TFE- GmbH to name a few joining the rich conference domain.
- Asia’s largest and most influential event in RE Domain
- A glimpse of the forthcoming REI 2018:
- Asia’s most leading Renewable Energy Expo by UBM India from 18th- 20th September, 2018; with 45 participating countries and 800+ exhibitors.
- 3-day power packed conference – ‘Accelerating Momentum…From Ambition to Action’. Conference to highlight innovations, challenges and successful case studies and deliberations taking the sector forward.
- India Clean Energy Days & International Matchmaking organised by Business Beyond Borders (BBB) together with European Business and Technology Centre (EBTC) and supported by European Commission
- Bolstering Start-ups and SMEs with the launch of a Sunrisers pavilion
- Finance Leadership Forum
- Quality Round Table by PV magazine
- Future Round Table by PV magazine
- 4th edition of Renewable Energy India Awards on 17th September 2018 : To recognize Innovation & Excellence in the Renewable Energy Industry
What has REI 2018 to offer ?
India Clean Energy Days & International Matchmaking organised Business Beyond Borders (BBB) together with European Business and Technology Centre (EBTC) and supported by European Commission
Under its aegis, a contingent of top experts/companies from the EU will make their esteemed presence felt at REI. They are partnering with REI for EU Business Matchmaking Pavilion, Technical Seminars, Launch of EU-India Strategic Partnership for Implementation of Paris Agreement (SPIPA) – GIZ and more.
The REI expo will present a power packed three-day conference themed ‘Accelerating Momentum…From Ambition to Action’ encompassing knowledge -rich sessions, workshops and panel discussions by reputed global and local bodies such as International Solar Alliance (ISA), European Union, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Bridge to India, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), Indo-German Energy Forum, APVIA (Asian Photovoltaic Industry Association), TFE Consulting GmbH, PV magazine, IBA and GBA (Indian Biogas association and German Biogas association)
Highlights of the conference include:
- ’16th SUN MEET’ by ISA
- ‘Make in India’ Session by Bridge to India
- Master Class on: Corporate Renewable PPA’s by WBCSD
- Workshop on ‘Electric Vehicle Charging’, ‘Battery Energy Storage’ and ‘New Markets and upcoming Business Opportunities in the Onshore Wind Sector in India’ by WBCSD
- 5th Indo-German Energy Symposium on:- Upcoming Opportunities and Niche Markets for Solar PV in India
- Panel discussion on ‘Shaping the Future of Indian Solar’ by Industry experts
- A CTO Forum on Trends and Technologies in Renewable Energy
- Session on ‘Embracing Digitalization of Energy Through Data and Technology’ by TFE Consulting GmbH
- Sessions by EU- Solar Power in India/ Energy Efficiency in Buildings and Green Cooling / Offshore Wind
- Panel discussion on ‘Women in the Renewable Sector and their Perspective with Technology and Innovation’
- Full-day Conference program by IBA in association with GBA (Indian Biogas Association and German Biogas Association
Quality Roundtable by PV magazine
The expo will also hold a closed-door CEO conclave and Finance Leadership Forum, whereby the top-most CEOs, CFOs from India and overseas come together to deliberate and discuss about the future of the RE- Sector.
The Industry will see the presence of key dignitaries; Shri. Upender Tripathi, IDG of ISA (International Solar Alliance); Mr Christopher JONES, Hors Classe Adviser – European Commission, Energy Directorate-General; Dr. Juergen Welschof, KfW – Quality in Financing of Solar along with Representatives from NEDO-Japan
Exhibitors and Country Pavilions:
Bringing together Manufacturers, EPC and Service Providers the expo will have over 800+ exhibitors including companies like – Tata Solar Power, Adani Power, Vikram Solar, Waaree Energies Ltd, JA Solar, Huawei , Jinko Solar, Sungrow, Canadian Solar, Mahindra Susten, ABB, Siemens Gamesa, Patanjali, Havells, Meyer Burger, Trina Solar, amongst others. The show will feature pavilions from Germany / EU / Japan / Spain / China / Taiwan. It will also feature pavilions such as ‘Sunrisers’ which is a special initiative to support start-ups and SMEs; a ‘Bio Energy’ pavilion in association with Indian Biogas and German Biogas Association speaking and mooting the way of Bioenergy in our ecosystems and the changes brought by it in producing clean and green energy. The ‘World of Innovation’, an exclusive platform for novel exhibitor product launches is being organized onsite to reach out to potential audience.
Speaking at the press briefing of REI, Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, UBM India said, “India has been eyeing the pole position in the clean energy transformation, looking to have at least 225,000 megawatts (MW) of installed renewable energy capacity by 2022 much beyond the targeted 175 GW. Being the most attractive renewable energy markets in the world, the installed renewable power generation capacity in the country has increased steadily posting a CAGR of 9.29 per cent over FY08-18 and added record 11,788 MW of renewable energy capacity in 2017-18. At this rate, India is expected to overtake China and become the largest growth market by the late 2020s. Last year the country added more power-generation capacity from renewable sources than conventional ones. Not surprisingly, half of the world’s 10 largest solar parks under construction are in India. All this is acting as a huge pull for international investors and equipment suppliers.”
He added, “The REI expo is a canopy with multiple country participation that provides attendees much more levy to network, develop the knowledge landscape, engage in a balanced technology mix, and conduct business, all of which potentially leads to investments, and MOUs. This year, we are approaching renewables in a more holistic manner, with due consideration to wind, hydropower and biomass along with solar energy. Through REI, we will also focus on the latest trends in energy storage, e-mobility, data analytics and IoT, all of which are set to revolutionise the mechanism of this sector.”
The trade show will also be preceded by the 4th Renewable Energy India Awards, slated for 17th September, 2018 that aims to recognise the efforts, innovation, and excellence and promote the talent in the industry. The Awards will have an august audience of industry stalwarts competing under various categories from:
- Leading RE Technology-Product Innovation
- Leading Off-Grid Renewable Innovation
- Excellence in E-Mobility & Storage Solutions
- Excellence in RE Skilling
- Excellence in Bio Energy
- Leading RE Developers
- Leading RE Manufacturers
- RE Excellence – End Users
- RE Startup