EFY’s India Electronics Week 2017 Achieves Grand Success
09 May 2017, Bangalore, Karnataka : The EFY Group recently concluded its award winning annual event – India Electronics Week 2017. The show featured new-age technology in domains like electronics manufacturing, components, IoT, LEDs, Test & Measurement, etc., and was targeted at those who value technology.
As compared to the 2016 show, this year, there were better quality and more relevant visitors, more conference delegates and more exhibitors.
Seven co-located shows, 11+ conferences, 20+ workshops, 180+ exhibitors, 10,000+ visitors – these are just some of the figures that give an idea about IEW 2017. The other more interesting figures are: 200+ speakers, 3,200+ conference delegates, and over 30 per cent of visitors from outside Karnataka. Last but not the least, over 35 per cent attendees were first-time visitors to a technology expo.
Ramesh Chopra, Executive Chairman of EFY Group, said, “I have always had this belief that the Indian technology fraternity has a lot to offer to the further development of the world-wide tech-industry. I feel that IEW holds a lot of importance for the industry as it brings all the industry stakeholders, international as well as Indian, under one roof. We have witnessed brilliant minds discussing mind-boggling technology through panel discussions and workshops, as well as on the expo floor. I am sure we will keep growing and getting better every year.”
A major highlight of the event was the CEO Summit on the theme ‘The Roadmap for Enhancing Value Addition in Electronics Manufacturing’, which was put together jointly with the Electronic Industries Association of India (ELCINA). The program brought together delegates looking for new business opportunities in the ESDM sector across India. The chief guest at the summit was Sunil Kumar Barnwal, IAS (Secretary to the CM; Secretary, IT and e-governance; as well as Secretary, Industries, Mines and Geology, Jharkhand). Other eminent guests included S.K. Marwaha, Senior Director, MeitY, and Deepthi Ravula, Joint Director (Electronics and Semiconductors), government of Telangana.
Another important highlight of IEW was the LED Lighting Summit. This summit was co-organised with ELCOMA, the apex body of lighting manufacturers in India. Experts from the LED industry and government bodies discussed various business and technology trends in this conference. The chief guest at this summit was N. Manjunath Prasad, Commissioner, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagar Palike (BBMP). Shyam Sujan, Secretary General, ELCOMA, and D. Christopher, GM, ELCOMA, gave the welcome and the inaugural addresses, respectively, in the first session of this conference.
Top decision makers and technology professionals from across India and abroad attended the intriguing EFY technology conferences, which offered them learning and networking opportunities.
“The show has been great this time. It was an exciting three-day here. We did come across a lot of manufacturers, suppliers, customers and IoT startups. We are enjoying the show a lot. The conferences were very informative. Overall it was a very good networking event,” said Ranga Prasad M.A., Director, Semikart.
The EFY conferences included the following tracks:
- Analytics, Algorithms and AI: This track was all about Artificial Intelligence (AI), which is the next stage after IoT.
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT): The one area that sees the most activity in terms of directly implemented IoT deployments is IIoT or Industry 4.0.
- Smart Humans (Medical IoT): What if the highly scalable intelligence and control of IoT can be used to increase a person’s life span and quality of life? That is what smart humans track explored.
- Smart Homes and Cities: Smart cities and e-governance have the capability to completely revolutionise and improve our country. This track had talks that focused on e-governance, smart villages and much more.
- Cyber security in IoT: What’s more dangerous than machines that have the capability to think and control other machines? Its machines that can be hacked and controlled by malicious fringe elements. This track focused on how to prevent this.
- Profit from IoT: No business survives unless it figures out how to profit from its operations. This track looked at how IoT can improve efficiencies enough to increase profit margins.
- Smart Automotive: Smart cars and connected vehicles have the potential to change transportation completely. This track looked at various technologies that are available as well as the products and services that can help those building solutions for this sector.
- Electronics Rocks: Our ever popular event for design engineers was back with a treasure trove of 20+ amazing workshops.
Networking programs such as the one-on-one Buyer-Seller Meet also generated huge interest and reported strong participation from big buyers looking to make technology purchases from our exhibitors.
Shanaka Perera, Purchase Manager, Variosystems Pvt Ltd, said, “This is the fifth time I have participated in the EFY expo. Since the last five years we have been able to find a lot of good suppliers in India. Currently, we are working with about 20-25 global and Indian suppliers that we have connected with through EFY from product/service categories like metalsheet, connectors, ESD and cleanroom, etc. I hope to continue participating in this event from EFY to meet more suppliers and to learn new technologies.”
The next India Electronics Week will be held in February 2018 at BIEC, Bengaluru.
India Electronics Week (IEW) is a week-long international event held in Bengaluru to promote the Indian electronics industry.
It’s a mega event, where the global electronics industry comes together in India. The main part of the IEW was held on March 2nd-4th, 2017, at the Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC). Seven events were held together under the banner of India Electronics Week.
– Electronics For You Expo (7th edition)
– Electronics Rocks (5th edition)
– Test & Measurement India (6th edition)
– LEDAsia.in (2nd edition)
– IoTshow.in (2nd edition)
– Raksha India (2nd edition)
– DIY Expo (1st edition)