India’s Largest Columnless Exhibition Hall to Ignite Growth in Exhibitions and Economy – BIEC
Traversing the first milestone is always a momentous one for any great infrastructure or facility in its journey to realize bigger goals. BIEC (Bangalore International Exhibition Centre) completed a milestone by crossing 10 years earlier this year.
Continuing with our efforts to provide world class exhibition facilities, a fourth exhibition hall measuring 17,500 sq.mts. was constructed. The brand new Hall 4 which is India’s largest columnless exhibition hall is the latest addition to the BIEC infrastructure and increases the overall gross space of exhibitions to 59,500 sq.mts. The new hall brings forth a plethora of benefits for exhibitors and visitors alike. It is newly built, modern and equipped with the latest amenities as seen in any world class exhibition venue:
• Hall 4 comes with a large span of 75m columnless lattice frame structure and length of 235 m.
• Additional entry and exit gates for cargo movement on all sides of the hall totaling to 12nos (Size 7m x 7m) wide entry and exit. This facilitates quicker movement of cargo trucks and reduces the set-up time for show organizers.
• Specially designed air conditioning system with 1100 ton chillers for cooling.
• Five toilet blocks for both male and females spread out on both sides of the hall at equidistance which reduces the walking time.
• Six visitor entry and exit gates for smoother footfall. In terms of height and width at the centre the hall is 18m (clear 14.5m) and on the sides it is 15m (clear 11.5 m and 10.5 m).
• Improved efficiency in space allocation which gives the luxury to put larger stalls without any hindrance.
Safety features such as fire detection, panic bar enabled fire doors, CCTV cameras for security, Wi-Fi facility, etc. which make the hall a world class experience in itself.
Expressing his views on the importance of the new hall for exhibition organizers, Jamshyd Godrej, Chairman, Exhibitions, BIEC, said, “BIEC has always set an example of providing world class exhibition facilities in terms of lending a quality infrastructure. With the expansion of the facility, Hall 4 becomes a natural choice for leading exhibition organizers looking to book additional space for their shows. The size of the hall makes it possible for show organizers to transport large machines to the exhibit area without any worries.”
Reflecting upon the achievement, Director General and CEO of BIEC, V. Anbu said, “We feel proud to see that BIEC has expanded and is able to offer additional space for exhibition organizers. We have taken a step forward to fulfilling the demands of the industry. This has happened at a momentous time of BIEC completing its 10 years of inception.” He further noted, “With Hall 4, BIEC has further increased its competence of hosting large-scale events. This will enable the improvement of trade and commerce in the country and propel economic growth.”
The hall was opened for business after it was inaugurated by Mr. Girish Shankar, Secretary, Department of Heavy Industry, Ministry of Heavy Industries, Govt. of India on 26 January 2017. IMTEX 2017 inaugurated by Shri Siddaramaiah, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka was the first exhibition to be held in this hall.
Emphasis on quality for all shows organized at its venue has been an open secret for BIEC’s success and with the venue becoming a preferred choice for domestic and international exhibitions Hall 4 serves as yet another feather in BIEC’s cap for attracting top shows to Bangalore.
SOURCE : IEIA