National Awardees of Indian Handicrafts to Present Their Art Concepts at Heimtextil India and Ambiente India
19 June 2018, Delhi : Running into its 5th edition, Heimtextil India and Ambiente India will open doors this month from 27 – 29th June at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Hon’ble Textile Minister Smriti Irani will inaugurate and address at this important gathering where the industry’s new and leading brands will showcase their latest collections.
Heimtextil and Ambiente are the world’s largest trade fair brands for home textiles and consumer goods sector which sets the trend barometer globally. In India, the sister fairs Heimtextil India and Ambiente India, present first-look of the new season’s collections for the Indian market offering inspiring product designs, live design sessions and experience zones.
Now in its 5th edition, the organisers have tied up with the Council of Handicrafts Development Corporations (COHANDS) to display India’s heritage art and crafts. The specially curated COHANDS Pavilion will bring together Padma Shri and National Awardee Shri Jai Prakash Lakhwal, National Awardees Shri Vivekananda Bagchi, Ms. Sneh Gangal, Shri Devendra Kumar Jha and Shri Kamlesh Jangid & Shilp Guru Awardees Shri Har Krishan, Mohd Matloob and Shri Brahmdeo Ram Pandit just to name a few who will be showcasing their strengths in traditional Indian handicrafts. Together, the awardees will highlight traditionally crafted products with a contemporary touch in miniature painting, terracotta, cane & bamboo arts, wood carving & wood inlay, bidri craft, mithila painting, wood carving, brass engraving and pottery.
Creating the perfect combination of Indian and international designs, the platform will also host companies from China, Indonesia, Switzerland and Thailand and international speakers from France and Finland to throw light on the lifestyle trends through co-relation with Indian design due to the growing influence of India through emergence of successful Indian designers and brands internationally.
Among the countries participating this year, the strongest participation is seen from Thailand where the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion and Federation of Thai Industries are looking at strengthening bilateral ties in the Indian home fashion space given the strong culture of design co-relation in both countries. Altogether, over 150 leading companies will present their stunning collections in dining, living, giving and home furnishing segments at this three-day fair in New Delhi.
A sneak-peek at all the highlights include:
- New Product Launches: First-look and season’s new collections launched by leading brands such as D’décor, Reliance, Aditya Birla, GHCL Ltd, R. R International, Manorama to name a few.
- Indian Art & Crafts: Presenting the best of heritage art and crafts of India at the Council of Handicrafts Development Corporations (COHANDS) Pavilion.
- ILA Experience Zone: Innovative concepts in interior spaces showcased at this special zone through a design face-off on the theme of “My Heritage, My New Age India” between product and textile designers.
- Special Skills Zone: Live demonstrations of different art forms by underprivileged and a chance to showcase their talent and finished products to India’s top visitors, buyers, designers etc.
- Hospitality, Interior Designers, Retail Day: Renowned interior designers, retailers and hotel purchase managers to be hosted at the fair over the three days which marks the Hospitality, Interior Designers & Retail Day.
- International trend sessions: Renowned international speakers – French Designer David Landart and Finnish designer Susanna Björklund – come to India to host sessions on lifestyle trends and the art of window dressing.
Organised by Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt Ltd, this leading home fashion business event will open its doors on 27 June in New Delhi.